Experience Level: Expert
I consider myself an expert PHP developer. I was one of the primary developers for Singlesnet.com.
My PHP experience is not just limited to Website work. I have used PHP for many command line utilities
and libraries for interfacing with other technologies. I enjoy the challenge of writing to scale;
I have experience in scaling PHP to support over 400,000 unique visitors per day.
Things I like about PHP
- It's fast, much faster than most other scripted languages.
- It's Small. When deployed correctly, PHP has a very small operational footprint.
- It's Simple. Not an overly complicated language; most people can pick it up.
Things I don't like about PHP
- Inconsistent function definition.
- Maintaining backwards compatibility has lead to poor design decisions by the developers.